Sunday, June 10, 2012

My '25 Things' List...

I love meeting new people. I especially love meeting new people who love meeting new people. Although I am extremely excited to go to my first Blog/DIY conference I wish I knew a few things about my virtual friends. I would love to be able to turn on my computer after I meet them and put some facts with the friend. Nothing too personal, mind you..(unless you are REALLY into sharing:) but something that goes a little deeper than a business card and a smile. So here I figured I would make a list of 25 things that may (or may not) be interesting about me. I hope I can find 25, but I guess I will give it a shot!

1)  I am a Believer

2)  I come from a large family, 4 sisters, 3 brothers.

3)  I am originally from New Jersey but have lived in Texas since 1993

4)  I want to eventually move to Colorado

5)  I am 100% Irish, red hair/freckles and all

6)  I am terrified of Spiders (no roommate pranks Brandi!)

7)  My favorite movies are The Notebook (so predictable) and The Shawshank Redemption

8)  I have an amazing husband who I have been told looks like Donny Osmond

9)  I secretly love John Denver (but my fav music is classic rock)

10)  I have 2 amazing sons..Ryan (7), Sean (5)

11)  We found out Ryan had Down Syndrome when I was 12 weeks pregnant.

12)  I believe in miracles....see #11

13)  I was voted Most Athletic my senior year in High School

14)   The name of my business is inspired from my Grams. We loved to go to flea markets and garage sales and when we would be driving there early in the morning the texas sky was a beautiful landscape of colors. "Look, Franny...SkyBluPink"...she would always say.

15) I hate hot weather..yes, does make #3 a tad confusing!

16)  I never painted a piece of furniture until I read MMS post about ASCP. Addicted!

17)  My starbucks order is Grande Nonfat Green Tea Latte

18)  I love to read

19)  I love coffee ice cream, coffee fraps & the smell of coffee...but hate actual coffee.

20)  I still watch Friends all the time

21)  I am terrible at math

22)  I hate 80's music (except classic rock)

23)  I have super, super curly hair that I straighten

24)  I am a french fry snob

25)  I am doing exactly what I want to do with my life!


I thought it was going to be hard but I guess I know more about myself than I thought;).

10 Days to Haven. Can't wait!



16 comments:

  1. Francine, I love your 25 Things, especially #1,3,5,12, and 25. I can't wait to meet you at Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sallie! Can't wait...10 days and counting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Francine!! Where in Tx are you?? I am too! (feel free to private email me). I am going to make up my list tonight to post! Really love this idea and it'll make meeting you that much more fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristy...how did I miss this comment? I sure hope I got to meet you. I guess I will see when I go through my stack of goodies. Will hop on over to follow all your pages.

      Delete
  4. Just met you on the airplane a few hours ago. Thanks for all the tips on blogging. Here is a link to our story:
    http://mademeaningful.com/2012/02/24/hello-world/

    + Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin...Absolutely. Just got done our conference and heading back now. Whew. What a crazy couple of days. LOVE your blog and will be sure following you and your families adventures. I am going to be posting a top 20 blogging pointers post that I learned at the conference and I think you guys would benefit from most of them. Probably next week or so. Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions...we love to share! Take Care.

      Delete
  5. Just met you today and wanted to stop over and say hell! And thanks again for the chocolate treat. I am also a believer and The Shawshank Redemption is my fav movie also!!!!!! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome...I mean c'mon who doesn't LOVE chocolate!!

      Delete
  6. So nice to met you at Haven! Your card was so creative and the treat was appreciated! Love your list! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, wow...we have alot in common. This is such a great idea!!! I believe, have curly hair, hate hot, live in TX, love ASCP, and love to hunt for great junk! And I soooo know your blog, you creative thing!! So fun to have met you and get to chat some more on the way to the airport!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So great to meet you. Will for sure be keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a blast hanging out with you guys!So glad I got to meet you. I am now following all of your great furniture redos!Hope we stay in touch! I hate to admit it but I am craving one of those waffles right now lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Me too! It was by far the best Waffle I ever had. Great meeting you too. Will be following everyone too

      Delete
  10. It was so great meeting you!! Your space at Frisco Mercantile is gorgeous!!! I wish I lived closer!!! I LOVE the idea of "25 Things"--that would have been great for ALL of us to do while we were at Haven...I might have to do that on mine!!! I'll be checking in to see what you're doing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Francine,
    It was great to meet you at the DIY your blog and Painting class at Haven! I love your blog and was already a follower!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Francine! I loved getting to know you better... and talking John Denver and vinegar with you. :) Have a wonderful weekend with your family!
    xo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete